Guys...we're finally here!
Not only am I SO excited to give you my Butternut Squash soup recipe (Butternut Squashes grown in my Mom's garden!) but I can finally announce the return of our mystery product I have been teasing you about all week!
Wait for it..
Yes! Since my blog has gained momentum we realized we absolutely have it back in stock for all of you to purchase! Not only is it WAY better for infusing, literally everything, but it also stays more potent and you won't lose some strength when it cooks or bakes so you will get a better dose for those of you that follow along for news ways to try your daily dose of CBD! As you can tell I am really excited about this, so get yours today, so moving forward you can follow along with Isolate, and go back and give some of your favorite recipes another go but swapping the tincture out this time!
Important note before we get started: We will be selling our Isolate by the gram and at 1000mg a gram, for all my recipes that include multiple servings, my suggested dose will be 1/4th a grain, or about a little less of a quarter of a teaspoon. For those that have a little digital scale, that would be your best bet to track it exactly, and you can go higher or lower to your preference!
Peeling Butternut Squash: What a pain in the ass - You can use whatever method you are comfortable with, but I recently found something that worked really well, and also helped the flow of my soup making so I am going to share those directions first!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Put your whole Butternut Squash on a pan, and lightly coat with olive oil, and poke holes with a fork all around the squash
- Bake for about 55 minutes, and remove from oven & allow to cool down enough to work with
- Slice top off - and halve the squash, and remove the seeds and guts, and cube from there!
- Then, along with a 1/4th of a large onion, add your cubes to a blender (I did 2 blenders full), blend until smooth and creamy and pour into your pot or Crock Pot! I (literally) dusted off my Crock Pot this week, so this is the method will be talking about today.
Clean out all the guts!
Pour into your crock pot or pan while you prepare your ingredients
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3-4 cups homemade chicken stock or broth* (or Veggie, or even water if you are trying to reduce sodium! also you can adjust here for how thick or think you want your soup to be)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4th of a large Onion
- 1/4th Tsp of CBD Isolate!
- 1 Tsp crushed Red Pepper* (or whatever spice you prefer! start low and then add until you are happy with the spicy level- I def added more but this is a good baseline.)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- So now that your blended Squash + Onion is ready in your Crock Pot, add your stock or broth, all your seasonings, except for the Sour cream and Isolate.
- Stir in well and cover
- Because with my method we cook the squash in the oven first, and blended before the Crock Pot this recipe only takes me about 1.5- 2 hours on high in pot.
- An hour in, I stir again, taste to see if I want to add to any spices, add the isolate and sour cream and stir well again.
- Cover and allow to cook for another hour
- Cut your optional chives for a topping, and I added another small dollop of sour cream, serve and enjoy!
There we have it! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and all the photos help! Hopefully you are also as excited as I am about the return of Isolate - Please let us know on Facebook or Instagram if you try this recipe out, or if you have ordered your isolate to get started!
See you Monday for another savory, but easy! Autumn recipe,