I know, I know.
"brace yourself for gardeners zucchini pics"
WELL it is zucchini season and we grow food for a reason, so the time to put the fruit of your labor to use is now! I think I'm going to throw another zucchini recipe at you again before switching it up, but today I wanted to give a recipe for something you maybe hadn't thought to try: Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake! Insanely delicious, and easy to make! Plus, you can make yourself feel a little healthier because there's zucchini in your dessert, win-win!
So lets just dive right in!
(NOTE: To CBD INFUSE this recipe add 3 or 4 droppers of tincture to the WET INGREDIENT portion of instructions!)
For the Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
I simply sprinkled confectioner sugar gently over mine! You could look into various glazes that I have seen other recipes suggest as well, but i liked the contract of this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. (I like Baker's Joy for bundt cakes) You can sprinkle in extra cocoa powder over your nonstick spray (Photo below instructions!*)
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry alternately with the buttermilk until everything is incorporated. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean. Remove and cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then flip it out onto a plate and cool completely.
- Add your glaze or confectioner sugar on top, store and enjoy!
*Coated with non stick spray and then sprinkled with cocoa powder
I promise this is really easy and REALLY tasty A step up from the usual zucchini bread recipes this time of year! So as always, if you give this a try, please let us know on Facebook or Instagram, we love hearing from you! See you Monday for a Fried Zucchini Chip recipe,