I really never buy bread anymore, because this bread recipe is is the most amazing and simple recipe out there. Like many of you, I spent A LOT of time in quarintine baking back and this is by far the best. It is perfect as a dinner roll, or your bread for ANY sandwich or burger, I seriously can't get enough of it, and make it quite often so I figured now was a great time to share it with you all! Here we go!
Diane's Notes: As always, I include the step to CBD infuse the butter in the instruction section, if you so chose! Also this recipe calls for 3 cups of flour, and to sprinkle more in as needed, which you NEED to do. To get to the correct elasticity I say I end up added about another 1/2 a cup of flour.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or substitute 1/4 cup melted butter)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 425°F
- In a mixing bowl, stir yeast, oil and sugar into warm water, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in egg and salt.
- Stir in flour, starting with 3 cups, adding a little more if necessary to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- When dough is elastic and no longer sticky, divide into 6 equal pieces and shape each into a slightly-flattened ball.
- Place 3" apart on greased baking sheets, and allow to rise for 15 minutes, or until the buns have nearly doubled in size.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove buns from pan to wire rack. Brush with melted butter* (CBD infuse here with 2/3 droppers of our Tincture!) immediately after removing from oven. Allow to cool.
And there we have it! SO simple, and the perfect way to impress your friends ad family! There's something about the smell of fresh bread in your home, and the knowledge you did it yourself that really changes the way you handle food shopping, trust me!
Tuna salad (with jalapenos from my garden & my CBD infused pickles!)